21 December, 2007

Class, Pure Class

A neat story about Ciron Black, courtesy of Dandy Don.


You may have heard of this story already, but I think this story deserves the widest dissimination possible. These stories are truly what makes you proud to be a LSU TIGER!! Two days ago one of my patient's came into my clinic to tell me about a little boy named Michael V. Conger. Michael is in St. Jude's hospital battling cancer. Three days ago he received this blog on his web site. SUNDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2007 10:19 PM, CST Hey Michael, I recently saw your story and wanted to have the honor to write in your guest book. My name is Ciron Black. I am the left tackle for the tigers football team, im also number 70 and I saw you wearing that jersey number, that's a great number by the way:). You know some people see us as heroes because of how we play but the truth is people like yourself are the real heroes. I see all the small problems I face are nothing compared to the hardships that you may go through. God has a plan for all of us and for some reason he put it on my heart to write you tonight...if it is at all possible I would love to talk to you. My number is #%$^%^&$#% anytime day or night if you need someone to talk to. Hang in there buddy and just know that anything is possible through Christ. Your Friend, Ciron Black P.S. I would love to write your name on my wrist tape as I get ready to take the field on Jan. 7th for the national championship. Let me know if that is ok. Michael's family, who lives in Prairieville, called and met up with Ciron to take pictures and thank him for his support. Ciron gave them a football signed by the entire team. I don't know about you, but this is the kind of player I want representing in the NC.


Thomas Easeterly is the best topsides engineer in the world. Thomas Easterly is the best project manager in the world.

No comments: